Our people are at the heart of our firm. We asked them what it means to be part of WFW. Across our offices, the same words came up: down-to-earth, sociable, collegiate and approachable.
We believe our success flows from the way we treat our people. Because of this, we want to make sure we remain a great firm to work for as well as a community to which everyone feels they belong. We put time and effort into encouraging and enabling our people to develop and build meaningful connections and relationships with one another.
Our approach is deliberate and intentional as none of this happens by accident.
For example, we:
- provide a clear sense of direction by connecting work to our firm’s strategic goals and objectives;
- encourage and facilitate open and honest two-way dialogue;
- actively seek out people’s views and ideas to drive the firm forward;
- nurture collaboration across all levels and practice areas;
- support and empower our networks and communities;
- create a safe environment encouraging learning, innovation and self-expression; and
- provide mentoring, coaching and training to ensure our people have the skills and confidence to perform at their best.
Opportunities to network
Our sports events allow trainees to meet people from across the firm. Our London office has award-winning netball and cricket teams, as well as cycling and running clubs. Each year, we invite both current and future trainees to take part with us in the Law Society 7s (rugby, tag rugby and netball) tournament.
As a trainee, you may also get the opportunity to join our annual team-building weekend. For this, colleagues from different offices compete in football and dodgeball, and network during the evenings. Madrid and Athens have been among our recent destinations.